MAN OF MAYHEM

A tattoo on my ankle.
An imprint on my heart.
Sometimes I wonder
How easily you got out.

’Cause soldiers fight for kingdoms,
And I made you a part.
You had a seat at the table,
You had a place in my heart.

You always showed up,
I forgot I was alone.
Our nights became a habit,
You became my hearts home.

You knew exactly how to play it.
The touch, the smile, the charm.
Wearing the colors of a lover,
Playing dress up with my heart
.

Like a Man of Mayhem,
You made me feel alive. 
But when it came time to stand for us,
You disappeared into the night.

You knew the code.
You knew the rules.
You knew what loyalty meant.
But you only spoke the truth,
If the truth was convenient.

I would’ve stood behind you.
I would’ve ridden through the fire.
Hell,
I would’ve fought the whole damn world,
To stand right by you.

But you weren’t looking for forever.
You were looking for something else.
You stole my heart like a thief,
Then left me to fend for myself.

You didn’t just break it.
You made me question who I was.
You were the counterfeit.
A lie dressed up like love.
Smiling into the eyes
Of a woman,
Who thought you were the one.

Maybe you spent your whole life running,
From everything I ever prayed for.
You knew my weakness.
You knew my heart.
But somewhere inside you,
You knew exactly who you were.

I never asked you to give up your world.
I never asked to change your routine.
I only asked you to choose me.
And somehow, even that
Was too much to give me.

Cause I would’ve stayed through every war.
I would’ve fought until there was nothing left.
I would’ve taken every bullet
But you wouldn’t.

Man of Mayhem,
You’re not in my blood anymore.
You might’ve known,
How to survive every war.
But you never learned to stay,
When you had something worth fighting for.



Written by Epiphany Tiffany 

Popular posts from this blog

Dumpster Fire

Vanished

Goodbye, Forever