You Didn't

The best damn thing you did,
Was let me go.
Even if the trauma,
Was hard to face alone.
I made it off that fucking,
Steppingstone.
You didn’t.

Underneath the shame and ache,
Lies love.
I always meant it.
Maybe I mistook it.
Maybe I fled the scene,
Throwing a fit.
Cause I built permits.
You threw bricks.
I fought hell for us,
You didn’t.

Underneath all that bullshit
Was us.
But some love ain't,
Ever enough.
The best damn thing I did,
Was finally give up.
I knew you were gone,
When I looked in familiar eyes,
And couldn’t see love.
I saw someone dopesick.
You didn’t.

I became entangled,
In fucked up punishments.
Blaming me.
For all the anguish.
You really fucking put me through it.
And shattered a heart,
So pure and innocent.
I thought we could still fix this.
You didn’t.

You isolated my heart,
Till it had no where to go.
All that’s left now is,
Tears in a T-shirt, 
Crying alone.
Trying to seek shelter,
From ice cold cyclones.
And the abandoned 
warm heart,
You left in the arctic snow.
I thought you’d come back,
Or at least look for it.
You didn’t.


You cashed in that solid gold heart,
With a fucking counterfeit.
I really valued and cherished our love.
But you chose to become the addict.
I still wanted to help you.
I had high hopes.
For us,
You’d quit.
And together we’d somehow survive this.
You fucking didn’t.


Written by Epiphany Tiffany. 

Popular posts from this blog

Dumpster Fire

Vanished

Goodbye, Forever